ADVERTORIAL

HOLLARD

VERSEKERING

Globally, over $100 billion of inorganic nitrogen fertilisers are applied to crops and pastures every year. 1 Between 10 and 40% of the applied N is taken up by plants. Much of the remaining 60% to 90% is returned to the atmosphere as ammonia or nitrous oxide – or leached to aquatic ecosystems as nitrate.


It’s a simple question: Will we be able to feed everyone if the population of the planet rises from about 7 billion people today to 9-10 billion in 2050? If you are a student of Thomas Malthus and buy into his Essay on the Principles of Population, then you believe this type of population increase will result in famine and poverty.


ADVERTORIAL

SASOL

FERTILIZER 

Farming Diary

Oct
29

10.29.2019

Mar
3

03.03.2020 - 03.05.2020

Jun
17

06.17.2020 - 06.19.2020

ENCA - Latest

Feed not found.